If you can believe it, this was a little girl I taught in second grade 7 years ago on McChord Air Force base! As you can see she is all grown up and way taller than me! Mel always held a special spot in my heart and she wrote me letters and emails over the years, from wherever they moved. Her family came to Sequim yesterday because her dad knew she had been wanting to visit me for a long time! What a sweet dad to plan that for her!
I took my family to their vacation rental and we had a great dinner, talked a bunch and all the kids played really well! She is an amazing girl and I would have to say this is one of the best rewards that comes from teaching-watching the kids grow up and become amazing human beings...and still wanting to keep in touch with their teacher!



1 comment:
Tears to my eyes......If just one student comes back to visit, it makes it ALL worth it:)
You obviously had a good impact on her life Dena!
Post a Comment