Tuesday, June 1, 2010

We've turned a corner...


Soooo, this was neither the first time for a shower nor the last time of the bath. I always wonder if I will catch "the last time" of the things that happen with our kids...the last "run, jump, and hug me in my arms" the last time "sleeping with the blanky" the last "nightlight night" the last "slipping their hand into mine as we walk across the parking lot"...and the list goes on! BUT our kids HATE, and I do NOT use that word lightly...HATE showers! Daddy was known as the "bath nazi!" But since we have moved into this rental and that is the only option, they have come to ENJOY a shower! Yes, I said ENJOY!
A couple weeks ago we had the kids start taking showers in leui of baths. Screaming, crying, general upset voices could be heard throughout the house...I (the mom) of course, hid, while Daddy had to deal with the sadness. I would have given in to the bath.
But now, they LOVE the shower! Who knew? Tonight, after a cry-less haircut (another big first), Dom hopped in the shower with no prodding or poking, and said, "it tickles mom, I like it!"
WOW! is all I could say! This boy of ours is growing so fast!

No comments: