When you have a second, ask your kids these questions....it is a RIOT!
1. What is something mom always says to you? do my chores
2. What makes mom happy? doing the right things
3. What makes mom sad? when I don't do the right things, like my chores
4. How does your mom make you laugh? tickles me
5. What was your mom like as a child? nice, hair coming down
6. How old is your mom?18
7. How tall is your mom?16, 19 8 tall
8. What is her favorite thing to do? snuggle up with me (dom)
9. What does your mom do when you're not around? she goes shopping
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
11. What is your mom really good at? wrapping up presents
12. What is your mom not very good at? mommy, don't say that...
13. What does your mom do for a job? work at school
14.What is your mom's favorite food? strawberries
15.What makes you proud of your mom? for doing things right
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
17. What do you and your mom do together? we go shopping, all the time (when asked to elaborate about where we go shopping: Safeway, Wal-Mart, Costco...really exciting as you can see!)
18. How are you and your mom the same? same hands
19. How are you and your mom different? we wear different clothes
20. How do you know your mom loves you? she loves me all the way up to the sky
21. What does your mom like most about your dad? loving him
22. Where is your mom's favorite place to go? Barnes and Noble
When I reflect on his answers it makes me wonder what I say or do that makes the topic of chores stand out in his mind...because the truth is- we are not very good at being formal about chores. We do say "this is part of your chores" I guess, upon further reflection, about many little things through the day! He has so many traits of a "first born"- his need to do things right, his strong feelings about right and wrong...he is also such a peace-maker and wants people to be happy. So when I asked what I don't do very well, that was not ok with him! He would never have answered that because he would not want me to feel bad. At least it is apparent through his answers that he knows I love him!
Snow: getting around on it
10 years ago



1 comment:
He is the sweetest boy ever! You must be so proud.....You can tell he truly loves his Mommy:)
Post a Comment