- MY HUSBAND-God knew (and Marissa, Jenni, and Abby- I always think of our first night at Ramblin' Jacks) that he was my perfect match! And of course my mom, who set us up...even tho he was 9 years older!
- our kids-how amazing each and every one of them are- we have been thinking about foster care, knowing that we have much to offer to some little someone in a time of change...we are thankful that our kids are growing up with LOVE, consistency, boundaries and presence..even when they don't want our presence!! (ha ha pre-teen!)
- family-extended...what ties us together? Blood. No more real than that. That is all they need to hear- we need you, and they are here.
- a home-we have a roof over our head, with garage-sale finds made sooo cute with paint, new vision, and love!
- food-how often do we take this for granted? so many kids go hungry in our country each day...feeling the pit in their stomach, wanting to be full and see food in the cupboards.
- FRIENDS-we have so many friends that make us look at each other and say-we are so lucky! If we were to hit a crisis, they would be there, with us, in that time...supporting. and they are here ANYWAY...no crisis, just us, just them, together.
- our basic needs are met each and every day...and then some.
so those are the basics! But of course a MILLION other things come to mind...
- music...playing to the beats of my life
- hugs and kisses from my daughter-our bedtime routine is extremely complicated, and extremely wanted!
- our community-small town, in each other's business, but thankful in an emergency!
- I don't have to drive far to get anywhere! I can really be in mulitple places in a short amount of time!
- traditions...Santa Breakfast in Oly, Jammies on Christmas Eve, La Push in the Summer, Hurricane Ridge in the Fall, family Sunday walks in the neighborhood and the list goes on... and on...
- Dates with Dom-what a sweet and appreciative date we had yesterday! You are a tender spot, touching me each day. I can't wait to hear you talk at the end of each day!
- Nick and I are in good spot- working through the step-mom-stepson journey...
- Saturday mornings, our family all together-(b/c Nick is with us)
- Sunday mornings at church together...usually griping at each other up until we get there, but then coming together as we walk through the doors!
- the smile (that he tries to hide) that appears on Nick's face as I pull him close, hug him, and tease him!
- my husband reaching for my hand in church, when I am nudging him to pay attention to a particular point!
- I get to stay home with our kids...even though there are things we forgoe to make this happen.(tell myself "focus on what's important")
- the snow-capped mountains when I drive out of our neighborhood each morning.
- all of the years we have had at Summit Lake-splashing, sun and laughter, in the simplest of terms.
- nights with the 6-Pack...just asking questions, lovin' each other!
- I have a part-time job to supplement our income...and I enjoy it...most days!
- a van with automatic sliding doors when my hands are full!
- for kids that appreciate the small things! I have never seen anyone celebrate and rejoice over a movie and popcorn like Dom and G!
and the list goes on...
There are so many things I could add, but the phone keeps ringing, and I have a lot to appreciate in this moment-glass half full...zoom in on the "wonderful"...the phone is not annoying or distracting, it means we have people who love us and care about us! (Refocusing, re-perspectiving...that is what I gained from the sermon today!)



1 comment:
Wonderful post Dena.... a nice reminder of how FULL our lives are... We are SO lucky!
I love you...
Post a Comment