Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Chelan Snow Day

There are 4 new posts below too!!

The day after Christmas our family and mom and dad headed over to Lake Chelan to spend a few days with Jared and Toni's family. We had such a great time together. We miss their family sooo much! Our first day there we went up in the mountains to sled...



Happy to be with Grandpa!

We love these guys!

All G wanted to do was eat the snow chunks!

Grandpa really got into the sledding! Jared's home made sled (a wakeboard with a box for sitting) flew down the mountain!
The race is on for Vinny and me! Hugs at the top, but we will see who makes it down first!

It may look like I am scared to death, but I think I won! Toni took this picture and it cracks all of us up when we look at it...maybe you'll get a laugh too!
Hot cocoa break!

Kaden did an amazing job skiing down the hills! He got the skis a couple of days before and with Jared's teaching he was doing incredible!

Ready for another round!

Toni and I challenged Vinny and Jared to a race on the sleds. Never mind we barely fit on the sleds! We were determined to win...in the beginning we were in first place, but then tipped, as you can see, Jared is gaining on us

Somehow Toni ended up on the side of the mountain, and they guys were in the lead (barely inching along as you can see!)

We decided to hop on for the ride down so we could finish first...we didn't move much, as there was MUCH wrestling going on.

Something is happening here...it was like leap frog in the snow, trying to get ahead of each other!

As you can see, Toni was past the finish line so we girls won after a long battle down the hill!

This means we are #1! By this time my lungs were burning!




What a fun morning together! Thanks Grandma for staying with Baby Cash.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun....so jealous. Hmmm snow in Riverside, CA...I'll never give up hope!

Sara said...

Love the "O" face Dena! :)

I think I laugh the hardest when I go sledding! How can you not be happy and have the best time!?!