I love watching as each child pulls out their ornaments from their own personal box (this comes from my childhood experience) and comments on EACH ornament-"oh I remember when I got this one, oh Remember who gave me this, this is one of my favorites..." Then they find the perfect spot for the ornament on the tree, placing it ceremoniously on a branch. I know how they feel...all of the ornaments that my Grandma Hayes made-needlepoint, pasta angel, starched doily angel...they create such a deep longing in me of times past, for people I love that are gone...and still here too because of these ornaments. I had no idea these ornaments would mean so much to me.
2009 Ornament Gifting (they are sleighs)
Decorating the tree
This is the first year Gianna has really taken part in the decorating...she fixated on this cookie ornament. She held it gently, gazed at it, wanted her picture with it...she was really taken with this one in particular! Gianna does not take part half-way either, everything she takes part in is with GUSTO!!!
My two guys!
Last year I bought a case of the Thomas Kemper flavored creme sodas for this night...of course I had to repeat after seeing the JOY on their faces! Dom LOVED the Orange Creme...he could not believe his GREAT fortune! Funny that our daughter wants nothing to do with pop...just like her momma!
This was Nick's year to put the star on the tree.



No comments:
Post a Comment