Isn't she sweet? The kids and I rushed over to Seattle, after counting down the days EACH AND EVERY DAY, and picked up Lucy. Lucy is a miniature beagle, and so sweet with the kids. Dominic couldn't believe his great fortune, and once we settled back at home, I realized that life with Lucy was not going to be that easy! She constantly "follows her nose" and I had to keep the door closed, and with 4-5 kids here, 3-4 days a week it was not easy to keep Lucy inside when we all were in and out all day. Then there was the issue of "no-people-food" which I had a hard time keeping on top of with the kids I babysit. Lucy had been an only child her whole 4 years of life, and she lived the GOOD LIFE with Kim...one that we were not going to be able to keep up with! She would just have to live the "regular" life with the Riccobenes!
So Lucy was our dog for 5 days before we sadly, but for the best, needed to give her back to Kim! Next time we will be going for the dog that fits in easily with our family life-style, and that is low-maintenance. Dom sobbed when we told him the news for 45 minutes, but we reassured him we would be on the look-out for another dog, and he would get another dog one day. It was heartbreaking to witness his sadness. But having Lucy was like having another 8 month old that I had to constantly watch and attend to...I was not ready for that. I think we will be looking in the category of "mutt" next time!



1 comment:
Poor Dom! The perfect dog is out there for him! Maybe he will get to name it too:)
Jackson LOVES having our dog right now....feeding her is one of his chores. One less job for Mommy and Daddy-every little bit helps these days:)
I'll be praying for the right little friend to come into your Family!
Post a Comment