Been painting up some of our outdoor furniture... sanding some of the garage sale finds sitting in our garage...getting ready to paint... sitting and staring at the rooms in the house... what can I do for CHEAP???? We have been investing in the outside of the house lately (plants etc), and there are sooooo many things I want to do INSIDE!!! Patience is a virtue, but nobody ever said it was one of mine. I have other really great virtues...loyalty, honesty, trustworthiness, strong convictions, protector of family and friends, loving, compassion, big heart, empathy...(my husband just gave these to me:)) but again, patience is NOT my virtue! So it is KILLING me right now...all these projects and plans in my head, and knowing I have to WAIT to invest in them! This may be a time I wouldn't mind being rich with endless amounts of cash. Truthfully I would not want to have a bottomless pit of money (too many obligations and expectations I don't want to fulfill)...except in certain situations-making my home homey, traveling whenever I felt like it, (especially to visit family and not having to worry about expense), and funding my children's education-that is what I would love to not worry about! So trying to be patient and work on that character trait is hard...especially when I want to create a backyard oasis!!! Anyhoo...
1 comment:
Can't wait to see your "treasures" spray painted!!!! I have been dying for good, or at least decent weather to get out and do some spray painting and refinish a table!!! Seriously...I've had it with this weather!!!
We just got new siding for 1 side of the house and had to replace the windows...mold (YIKES!) anyways, it was almost our entire tax return....to think what I could have done with that money!! it's hard to see the improvement when it's on the outside of our house and we never go over there:( but happy to be rid of the mold!! Yuck!
I need to get shawn on board with some of my ideas for the inside of the house....board and batten etc. :)
Good luck with the patience thing, let me know when you figure it out and send it my way!
Post a Comment