What's better than La Push at sunset, roaring fire, the game of "questions by Shawn," a heart moon, salty ocean air and...beer?! We are livin' the life!

A moment caught on the beach...

The girls God blessed me with...so many years ago! A cord of 3 strands is not easily broken...
Three amazing kids who forever will "cheese" on cue.

Sometimes we are caught with our pants down...but oh it can be so fun!
See how her face lights up when she is doing something that might be questionable?!
I wouldn't miss it for anything!
So many times I find myself thinking..."I can't wait until the end of the day!" or " I can't wait until naptime (for the kids)," and then yesterday an acquaintance lost her son when he was hit by a drunk driver. So her son had made it to the age of 25, and his life was taken...and here I have been wishing away moments with the most amazing gifts I have been blessed with. I probably worry about anything (and everything) a mom could worry about as the kids are so young, but then I was hit with the reality that I really may never stop worrying...and in that moment I was reminded of my own mom who worries still, about us kids. I guess this is part of the job description. I also realized that some of my worries aren't really "worry-worthy" and I don't want to take any of the joy out of these days I have been given with my family. My best friend just sent me this forward...a repeat but it never gets old and we all can be reminded...it is just an excerpt that I am posting.
IF I HAD MY LIFE TO LIVE OVER - by Erma Bombeck
Instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy, I'd have cherished every moment and realized that the wonderment growing inside me was the only chance in life to assist God in a miracle.
When my kids kissed me impetuously, I would never have said, 'Later. Now go get washed up for dinner.'
There would have been more 'I love you's'; more 'I'm sorry's.'
But mostly, given another shot at life, I would seize every minute...look at it and really see it. live it and never give it back. STOP SWEATING THE SMALL STUFF!!!
Let's cherish the relationships we have with those who do love us.Let's think about what God HAS blessed us with, and what we are doing each day to promote ourselves mentally, physically, and emotionally.



1 comment:
Your Family is Beautiful!
Thank you for the reminder to slow down, not worry so much and enjoy every minute with our little ones!
I'm so excited you're blogging!
Let's get the Fams together soon:)
Post a Comment