Friday, February 27, 2009

Books I am reading...


Amazing! I, as a mom, have really gained insight even though it is written for Dads...

LOVE this one too!

WOW! So many things that she writes...I have thought, but not said out loud. This book is so articulate, insightful, full of feelings but also knowledge...read it if you have the time...and even if you don't! I am FOR SURE doing the 3 day walk with you girls after reading this especially...

This is a children's book, but really a mom's book...you know how some children's books are written for the adult really? This is one of them, and you will cry buckets! I am really cognizant of the small things after reading this...more so than before!

Nick is a pre-teen, and this book helps Vinny and I think about what is coming up, and what to be prepared for...some conversations that I was not sure how to approach or how to best lead Nick in certain directions...this books helps to clear it up!

My kids are BUSY, but I wanted it to be a directed busy sometimes...this helps me to focus my time with the kids!

OK-being a stepmom is hard, challenging, and at times frustrating...and the next day the most rewarding relationship ever! I try each day to figure out my role, how to approach situations, and well, life in general as a step-parent is heart-wrenching a lot of the time...this book has actually helped me to realize how fortunate I am to be leading the life I do...I have a lot of self-doubt when it comes to parenting Nick, but I am so thankful for our situation...on most days! Thank you girls for listening, understanding, and being there for me in this tough role! (you know who you are!)

My little indulgence...I love mysteries, not much thought, but much adrenaline! Vinny got it for me in my Valentine's Basket...

No comments: