I am continuously reminded of my humanity and my vulnerability as I interact with my kids each day. I watch them as they experience life-learning from the good and the bad. My heart leaps as they try new things and have their hopes exposed. My heart breaks when they fail...but I keep reminding myself that failing is a part of life...it is how they deal with the failure that is important and the way that they build character. I have never in my life had my heart so "out there" for everyone to witness! I guess I still need to be building my character as well! This quote is one of my favorites...
"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body."
My heart has always been worn on my sleeve, but now it is walking outside of my body!
Snow: getting around on it
10 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment