Thursday, May 28, 2009

A Date with my Boy


On Monday morning Dominic and I set out for a date at Safeway-donuts, chocolate milk, and SB mocha (for myself). It is rare that he and I get to be alone together-his little sis is usually there, and she is pretty great at rooting herself in the spotlight. As we sat and drank our drinks we talked of the important things-popsicles, the life of a farmer, his ideas for the grocery list...I love this little guy-he melts my heart. He is getting to the age where sitting and cuddling is not at the top of his priority list and so I need to find other ways to be close to him. I am always grabbing him, pulling him close, and he is always looking outward to what he will be doing next. His feet never stop moving. ( Sometimes I am sneaky and put on a cartoon-purely for selfish reasons, since I can get him to cuddle up.) I am constantly reminded of a children's book where the mom is always looking for the "lasts"- is this the last time you will jump into my arms before sliding down and running off? Is this the last time you will want to sleep with your blanky? Is this the last time your hand will reach for mine as we take a walk?...she is trying to capture the lasts...recognize them so they won't be missed...I feel like I do that when I take pictures of everything! Needless to say, this WON'T be our last date!

2 comments:

Alicia said...

How sweet! I come home sometimes waiting for Mateo to jump in my arms and he runs right past me! Breaks my heart.

Sara said...

I love my relationship with Jackson.....I know it will be a totally different relationship with Ellee.

Gotta love the dates:) We like to go to plays together. Highschool plays have been a hit lately....Beauty and the Beast and The Velvetin Rabbit. We (jackson & I) even went to Shrek at the 5th Ave. Theatre. So Fun! I don't ever want our "dates" to end!