So our family was supposed to be going to Lake Chelan this weekend with the Eyfords and some other families, and it would have been so much fun once we got there, but last night I could not bring myself to start packing for the camping trip...the week had been long, Vince worked CRAZY hours, and I was spent, ka-put, the kind of tired that brings you to tears! The thought of packing all of us up, driving down Highway 101 along with all of the other weekend travelers, and then hitting I-5 and Hiway 16 at rush hour...well it brought me to tears! So although I have a terribly hard time saying no, or backing out of something, I did it...I said no...it is too much right now. (thank you friends who encouraged me to do it!) And thank you Shannon for understanding! I can't wait for our trip in July. So now we are hanging around town, BBQ-ing with friends, sitting around the bonfire...that sounds like heaven, especially since I don't have to pack and drive very far! I get to go to garage sales-one of my favorite pasttimes! The kids get to go fishing, take bike rides, go for picnics...and Vince and I are trying to squeeze in some alone time! (Hopefully that happens!) We are having a "stay-cation" and it looks to be heavenly!
No comments:
Post a Comment