Monday, May 4, 2009

Kindergarten Registration

So tonight we went to Helen Haller Elementary (which happens to be Daddy's school where he is the principal) to register Dominic for Kindergarten! I think I was resisting this next big step in my baby's life...I did not get all of the paperwork together until the last minute, Vinny kept emailing, calling, nagging me about getting it all together...b/c I do not like this change! I know I will be a crying mom when I drop him off on his first day, but I will not cry in front of everyone! The back of my throat got that dry feeling when we were driving up to the school, and I kept blinking my eyes, willing myself not to cry! We don't even know if we will end up sending him to Vinny's school, (we go back and forth about which school to send him to), but sitting there, filling out all of the paperwork, I pictured Dom there. He is loved already, and I know his best will be brought forth and cherished by those around him. I had to write my goals for Dom in Kindergarten, and I thought "where do I start? can I take this home?" I am a BIG reviser, and I want my words to be a true reflection of what is on my heart. Needless to say, I called Vinny on the way home and said " Can you go add this and this and this to my goal page?" My baby boy is not longer a baby. Why do I have such a hard time with this????? 5 years go way to fast!

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Ahhh I bet that was so hard. I know that exact feeling of getting that dry lump in your throat fighting back tears. I did it just this morning because Mateo did not want mommy to go byebye!

Sara said...

What else was apart of the registration? great idea to have a goals page...might have to copy that-what did it say?

Sara said...

oh and just try to enjoy every.single.minute. with Dom this summer:) it does go by fast....too fast!!!!!