- Tonight as Dom was working on some "homework" from school, Gianna was trying to talk with him, and he said, "I'm focusing G."
- Dominic has been writing all kinds of stories in class-he has told me he is working on adding details and making a plan before writing. (Music to my ears!)
- His favorite center in class is the Building Center where all of the animals are. He is such an animal lover-too bad Dad isn't!
- He likes the "Read to Self" time in class and his favorite books to read are about animals.
- Today while working on sorting and classifying in math Vinny was walking through the class, was chatting with the teacher, and Dom gave him NO indication that he was aware of him-he was focusing on the job at hand...Dad was proud of his dedication to the work, but would have liked a little love!
- While we were at Wal-Mart the other day I kept getting after the kids for their horseplay, and then while I was looking for some paint, and couldn't find it, I sighed loudly in frustration (over the paint situation)...and I hear a little voice say- "What Mom, do you wish you didn't have kids?" OK-my heart broke in that moment-that he even thought I could wish that was unbearable to me. I immediately got down on my knees and talked with Dom about his thought, explaining I sighed over the paint, not him and G-they are my heart, my world, and I would never wish such a thing. Dom is such a thinker and so sensitive- as I retold the story to Vinny at dinner Dom burst into tears, thinking he was in trouble-my sweet boy, I reassured him again and just held him in my arms. I worry about how he seems to carry such a weight on his shoulders sometimes-but then again, other times I can't get him to be serious for the life of me. Being a parent is such a balancing act, and I hope and pray each day for guidance that I choose the right words and act in the right ways to raise this little boy into a confident, loving, empathetic, risk-taking young man.
Snow: getting around on it
10 years ago



1 comment:
That's precious!
Post a Comment