Tuesday, February 15, 2011

And Love hit me SPLAT in the face!!!


I was gone this weekend to Olympia and when I walked in on Sunday night, there it was...LOVE, displayed across our table...all for me! "The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother." Next to this quote would be the above picture...love me, he does. love me, he shows. Vinny chooses me, chooses us, each day with his words, his actions, and his choices. Our kids have the greatest examples of the words LOVE, COMPROMISE, FATHER, and HUSBAND in living color, in our home!

G was with me in Olympia, and so Vinny and the boys spent hours Sunday afternoon gathering my "favorites" and writing me letters....the letters are what will sit in my heart, take hold, and lift me on days when I am not feeling too perky:)

flowers, wine, heart shaped rocks, People magazine, letters filled up with loving words-all waiting for me on the table when I got home


One of the most special cards I have ever received was from Nick- if you have a 13 yr old boy you will know what a big deal this letter is---lengthy, filled with thoughful acknowledgments of noticings, when I didn't know he noticed, and cute drawings...THIS IS A BIG DEAL!! (and especially when I am the stepmom, not always the ideal spot to be in with parenting) I appreciate this more than he knows.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Made me cry....I'm soooo Thankful you have so much LOVE in your Precious Family and you all let eachother know so often:) Inspiring!

Boogers and Blonde Moments said...

Your family is just awesome, Dena! I wish we lived closer!!